Friday, February 24, 2012

Making every morsel count

With the price of groceries we have to make every morsel count... that's why I like to use  even the smallest piece of an ingredient to get the flavor/taste, without having to use it all.  
This one is for breakfast...
 Instead of making sausage patties for each person, eggs, home fries, etc...  make a 'breakfast skillet', some call them breakfast scrambles.. whatever you want to call it...
I use whatever is in the fridge... for example this morning I used enough sausage to make 2 patties (which I crumbled and browned), 1 green onion (diced),  a 2 inch slice off of a bell pepper (diced), a baked potato from dinner last night (diced)... once the sausage is cooked I added in the pepper and potato, onion,  then 4 eggs.. scrambled them up in the pan as they cooked.  Served with a piece of 12 grain toast.
It made a great breakfast,  with great flavor but wasn't too much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love below and let me know you were here - Thanks so much!