Monday, May 21, 2012

Not so Mundane Monday


Happy Monday! :)  This week's Not so Mundane Monday is all about decorating my new {soon-to-be} Studio... **Happy Dance**!!   We finally found a house that is closer to the Hubs' work (Chino Mine in Bayard, NM) so we're moving June 1!  I finally get to set up my studio again.. I can't tell you how excited I am about this.  It has been so difficult getting all of my materials out, working for a bit and then having to put it all to the side or stash it out of the way again.  Triple the work, for sure!


So anyway, I have my choice of several rooms and I'm pretty sure I'm settling on the would-be living room with the huge window for the natural light and so I won't feel closed away from the outside world.   I'm not a fan of working in a back room and not knowing what's going on around me.  The room which is huge for a studio, but small for a living room, is approximately 10x10 and like I said one wall is one huge window!

I've found quite a few sites with great pictures of craft-rooms, which I am using for ideas for mine.

Photo by Cindy
I really like the cubby style shelf unit in this photo I found on Home-Designing.

I'm collecting budget friendly ideas (I love to re-purpose!) so if you have an idea that has worked for you please share in the comments below... I'd love to get your input!
I will post pics and videos of my studio as I put it together. I can't wait to get started!!








The one thing I know I will be doing is creating various work stations. I'm so tired of getting materials out and putting them back and I do so many different things I think having different work stations are exactly what I need for keeping my creativity flowing.  I watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TdQcz3E1eY&feature=related YouTube vid on palettes one day and got the idea to keep my paint palette loaded and ready to paint at the spur of the moment.  I have done this and have painted so much more since doing it. When I get a few minutes to paint I can come in paint a few things and leave again without taking the time to decide what I'm going to paint and then putting the paints out on the palette and getting ready.  I'm always ready!  This is such a time saver and allows you to be creative at the spur of the moment.





Photo by new-memories from Rate My Space
This pic is really close to how I see me setting up one of my stations.. don't you just love it?
I found it on HGTV Organized Craft Rooms.

I really like the pen holder along the window, but I'd use it for my colored pencils. I'm going to look for vertical storage for my pens.















I'm definitely going to get a couple of OttLites like this one for table top use.
Isn't it cute? It's a tulip style, I just love it!
They also come in floor lamp versions and you can even buy just the bulbs. These are so awesome. They give true color light like being outdoors!




I could go on and on but I won't today. I have so much to do in the next ten days to get ready to move!   Please leave any ideas below I'd love to hear from you!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love below and let me know you were here - Thanks so much!