Friday, August 12, 2011

No Bakes always a hit in August!

The hubs needed something for his lunches and I didn't really want to fire up the oven..even though we've had quite a bit of rain this week it's made it humid here (only time during the year that we have humidity! ;p)  So I decided to make no-bake cookies!

This is the recipe I used.. I tweaked it a bit because of what I had on hand to use but they taste a-m-a-z-i-n-g

1/2 cup butter (I used 1/4 cup and 1 tsp Wilton butter flavoring)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk (didn't have any so I used 1/4 cup water and 1 Tblsp Mayo)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla (didn't have any so I used 1 1/2 tsp maple extract)
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oats

Add everything (except oats) to pan, stir and bring to boil..
Boil 1 minute take off heat then stir in oats

Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper.

Let set and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love below and let me know you were here - Thanks so much!