Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Frugal Recipe: Cookie Pizza

Last year I made my kids each a cookie pizza for their birthdays. :)  They were huge hits!

It was so simple and inexpensive!

Ingredients: (with cost of use)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix ($1.00)
Swedish Fish "anchovies" ($.98)
Reese's Pieces  ($2.00)
M&M's with Peanuts ($1.00)
Mini Chocolate Chips ($.50)
White Almond Bark  ($.05)
Nutella  ($1.00)
Smucker's Caramel Ice Cream Topping ($.25)
Pecans (given to me so FREE)

Total Cost: $6.78    
Serves 8
 Cost per Serving:  $.85


First I mixed up the cookie mix per the instructions.. spread the dough onto a pizza pan.. try to get as round as you can, doesn't have to be perfect.

Once it baked I let it cool on a wire rack.

Once cooled I spread Nutella on as the "sauce"

Then topped with a handful of Pecans

Arranged the various toppings then drizzled the 'mozzarella' cheese on.

Let set before shipping or serving.

To ship wrap in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil then place in box with peanuts or popcorn around it to hold it in place.  These ship well.

The possibilities are endless depending on who you are giving it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love below and let me know you were here - Thanks so much!