Monday, September 10, 2012

Recipe of the Day: Natural Mosquito Repellent


  Many people like to joke that their state bird is the mosquito. These little pests tend to be big problems, especially if you're like me and are allergic to them.  When I get bit I get a itchy red sw ollen welt that sometimes takes a week or more to go away. I even have some bites that have left dark marks that never go away.  
I hate using chemicals, especially on my body. I'd much rather find alternative and more natural methods.
This recipe works fairly well. Don't use if you can't stand the scent of garlic. :) 

Minced Garlic
Mineral Oil
Lemon Juice

Step One
  Mince a few cloves of garlic (or use pre-minced garlic)
  Cover with mineral oil
  Allow this mixture to set for at least twenty-four hours, over night can work    
  also, it just won't be as strong.
Step Two
  Use 1 tsp of the oil (without the garlic pieces) and mix into 2 cups of water   
  and 1 tsp of lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best, but use what you have).   
Step Three
  Pour oil and water and juice mixture into a spray bottle. If you have bits of garlic in this mix strain through a cheesecloth first. 
Shake before each use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love below and let me know you were here - Thanks so much!