Monday, December 21, 2009

Art appreciation in this economy




There is no doubt that times are tough. Money is tight and spending those hard earned dollars on non-essentials is something we must give a second thought to.  We ask ourselves “do we really need that?”, “is this going to help me now or in the long-term?”

I’ve had people ask me why I work so hard on my artwork when it’s not a necessity.  I can’t possibly expect to sell anything in these hard times, can I? 

For a while I took to heart what they were saying, second-guessed myself and dropped the paint brush, so to speak.
  Not anymore. Even though times are tough and money isn't plentiful, the reason I continue to draw, paint and create, is because I think most people understand that art is a necessity in life. 
 
Whether you choose to purchase a painting of a beautiful landscape for your living room, or commission a portrait of your loved ones or yes, even your pet, to place on your fireplace mantel, you are giving yourself a gift of beauty, a gift of memories past and a gift of memories to come.  Giving yourself or someone you love, a gift of creativity makes life more bearable during the tough times.

In my opinion art gives pleasure, beauty and memories to the soul, therefore, Art is a necessity and people are willing to pay an artist to bring these things into their lives.  

I can be that artist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love below and let me know you were here - Thanks so much!