Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tracey's Book Review of The Rising by LaHaye & Jenkins

#1: The Rising, Before they were left behind  





I never was interested in reading this series, but now I'm glad that I started! This first book (actually it's the 1st of three prequels) is about Nicholae's birth, his mother, his fathers (yes plural) etc.. and about Rayford Steele's childhood.   I felt sorry for Rafe because he became disillusioned with his religion (or lack of religion) at an early age. His parents do not help him continue to learn and grow where Jesus is concerned.  His childhood was not an easy one once he got into his  pre-teen years, like most kids, he was insecure and shy and didn't really understand why. I found myself hoping, with each turn of the page, that he would ask Jesus to come into his life so he would find fulfillment with his life.  

Nicholae... wow, what a being.  I can't say kid, because, well... you'll see.  I felt sorry for his mother, Marilena. She wanted a child so badly, accept the "gift" from a false god and ended up with the short end of the stick.  I think she knew, in the end, that she had followed the wrong path, even though she was a non-believer. 

Although this is the first book of the series that I have read, I feel it was a good place to start.  If you have read from "Left Behind" on and none of the three prequels this one is worth reading just so you have more of a history of people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love below and let me know you were here - Thanks so much!