Saturday, November 27, 2010

What's for dinner tonight

I'm having a craving for Chocolate gravy and biscuits! We might just have that for dinner tonight!      


If you've never had Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits you have severely missed out!  


I was introduced to this by my {step} great Grandma Payne, and boy am I glad I was, it's total awesomeness!


Chocolate Gravy Recipe below...  



Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup cocoa
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions

  1. Whisk cocoa, flour, and sugar together in a bowl until there are no lumps. Pour the milk into the mixture and whisk until well incorporated. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until its consistency is similar to gravy, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir the butter and vanilla into the mixture until the butter is melted. Serve immediately.

Serve over warm biscuits... homemade are the best, but any will do!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love below and let me know you were here - Thanks so much!